Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Wish List

My mom asked me to throw together a Christmas list for her, and it wasn't an easy task. All I really want are a few big-ticket items. A (small) antique hutch for the dining room, smaller coffee table, dining room chairs, deck for the front of the house....you get the idea. Not exactly christmas-wish-list-ready items. I did put at the top of the list though, these new dining room chairs. They are Better Homes and Gardens brand from Wal-Mart. I have the matching bench in our dining room already, and I love it. A little mix and matching with the dining room table and I think they will lend a nice farmhouse vibe. At $65 for two, they are pricey but even one set for now would get me started, and I can afford to get two more down the road.



Next on my list was the Classic Batter Bowl from Pampered Chef. Doesn't need much explaination, because pretty much anything from PC is awesome.
I have been eyeing antique wire baskets for a while now, but just haven't found any while thrifting lately. Ideally I'd like a large antique one to put atop the bookshelf in the living room. But for now, these new ones from Wal-Mart would mimic the look of them. Perfect for storing whatever, wherever.

And more or less, that's about all I could think of. A shopping spree in my grandmas basement would be the best Christmas present, and one I may need to give myself. I saw a sign the other day in an antique store that read:
The theory of antiques: Your grandmother used it, your mother gave it away, now you're buying it back.
So very true!



No comments:

Post a Comment