Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shopping the House


A great way to freshen up any room, and save a little money in the process, is to shop your house for new decorating ideas. Whether it be simply pulling a few items from the guest bedroom that rarely are seen, and giving them new life in the living room, or repainting those tacky brass candle holders you recieved as a wedding gift. Not only do you not have to leave the house (and the way the weather has been here lately, I don't leave unless I have to!), but you also don't have to spend a single penny to get a new look.

I am applying this theory in our bedroom redecorating. I have a large, round, white wicker mirror hanging in our entryway, and it's never looked quite right. Neither have the glass and silver key holders I have below. Although I love them both dearly (the key holders are two of my fave Salvation Army finds), and they do their jobs wonderfully, they needed to find a new home. So...off they are going to the bedroom where they will fit in much better.

This is where some fudging comes in however. When I move these, it leaves me with an empty wall and no place to deposit our keys when we walk through the door. But never fear! Target-Gift-Card-Wedding-Gift to the rescue! I eyed this functional peice online at Target.com a few days ago, but put it in the back of my mind since I wasn't thinking of moving the current entryway mirror until tonight.


$18.88 wasn't a phenomonal deal, but it was 30% off. Not only does it have the mirror feature for last minute hair and makeup checks before running out the door, but it has a place to hang our keys and not one, but two, shelf ledges for displaying some other decoratives.

So as soon as she arrives in the mail (yes, she) I can move the other items to the bedroom and be one step closer to our updated master. Now if only I could make a decision about the lighting...

No comments:

Post a Comment