Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Bedroom - The Before


I want to start off by saying that Kmart cancelled my lamp order, how dare they! No explaination, nada. I suppose it will search for another option tonight and give them a call tomorrow. Maybe I'll find something I like better...maybe it's a blessing in disguise? I'll keep you posted.

On the tail of posting about the lamps, I wanted to share the before photos of my bedroom at this point. Our room is SO hard to get great photos of, and I took these at night, so the natural light is lacking.

This is the view of our teeny little room looking in from the door. I love this bed, I can get cozy there. The bedspread and shams were a set from Wal-Mart for only $10 on clearance. Throw pillows were less than $20 for all. White throw blanket came from my grandma's house, it's huge and comfy. The drapes are black out curtains...necessary when your honey works nights and sleeps during the day.




The side tables are actually those TV trays people use, but in black they work perfectly for our side tables, and they were dirt cheap. Lamps were $7 each from Hobby Lobby a long time ago. Picture frame above bed was a bridal shower gift from my beautiful sister.




This jewelry armoire is special to me, it was a Christmas gift one year from Mr. Z, he even filled it with quarter machine jewelry for me! :) I love the "Dream" sign, it flows effortlessly with the wall color.




This side of the room is bad news bears. I haven't been inspired to do anything with it, there isn't much room for a wide peice of furniture, so this cheap DVD case has been filling empty room since we moved in.
The flag case on the dresser is very special to Mr. Z, it's a Japanese flag that belonged to his grandfather, during WWII his grandfather had shot a japanese soldier and took this flag off the body, it even has handwritten japanese phrases on the flag itself. It sounds like a morbid story, but it's special to Mr. Z and I enjoy having the peice of history as well.
I have some fun idea for this little area in my redo though. ;)




The last photo I want to share shows in detail the stripe we painted on the walls. This technique is supposed to make a smaller room visually appear larger. The trick to making this work is painting one stripe horizontally around the entire room in only one shade lighter than the rest of the paint color. In our case we chose some creamy goldish tan colors, mostly because my mother in law gave it to me for freee! Gotta love that!

So now that you have all seen the before, I can't wait to share the after! Just a few more items to find and I should be ready to make the transformation! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment