Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Skirted Sink

Even though, as of right now, we won't be getting rid of our peach sink/tub/toilet combo in our only upstairs bathroom, I'm still planning on making a few cosmetic changes, that will hopefully give our bathroom a minimal facelift.
I always wanted a purple bedroom growing up, and when we moved into our house I knew right away one room would be purple. For Mr. Z's sake, I decided to make that one room the bathroom, rather than the bedroom. If I had to describe the kind of look I went for in the bathroom, it would be an English Cottage Garden. Soft purples with a lot of natural and floral elements.

Someday, I'll have a classic farmhouse sink, huge and deep, simple and country. Today, I have a peach sink, and an old wooden vanity which we painted white upon buying the house. One element that I love about farmhouse sinks is the skirted bottom. So feminine and elegant, and whimsy at the same time.









Ballard Design offers DIY instructions here for this simple project.



However, for my sink skirt, since I am working with a large vanity, I won't want the skirt to go all the way around. Instead I plan to remove the front doors, and add a skirt only on the front from side to side. Like this:


It's baby steps with the bathroom, but as soon as I have some concrete changes made, I'll be sure to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment