Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An $8 Find...Things That Make Me Happy

I do believe Spring is finally here, she has been teasing us all through March, but by the looks of today, and the extended forcast, she won't be hiding for much longer. :)
In honor of this beautiful open window day I took a quick trip north to one of my favorite consignment shops - The Sister Act in Ellsworth. I can always find a little bit of everything here, depending on what type of mood I'm in. And their prices are almost always reasonable. Today I left with two new floral prints which will be going in the bathroom (I'll share them later), and this amazing old beauty:


Only $8! Awesome, she is a little wobbly, but sturdy enough to hold Lincoln at least. The ring on the seat I assume is from a potted plant of some sort, but I like the worn character it adds. I know she worked hard in her past life.

I decided to dress her up with a pot of fresh Daisies in honor of spring, and I quickly made a burlap cover for an old worn out and stained pillow.





I like the way she looks in our humble little entryway, which, by the way, is slowly starting to come together.



Oh and see that hideous sea of blue carpet....not for long my friends!!! New carpet is in the works and I am really super pee-my-pants-excited about it!!

What's been your favorite under-$10-project lately? I'd love it if you shared! TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Yay for a new blog post! :) Love the chair and the touch of daisies is so cute! Don't pee your pants...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so nice- simple and gorgeous! And I love the shelf above the hooks too- so cute! Glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm behind on your blog! My mom has a ton of these chairs that came from her childhood church's basement. We have them at their cabin for large family gatherings and I grew up calling them the "butt pincher" chairs because as they got older, the slats got loose and well... you can guess what happened! :) I love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete